Academic Success for K-8
Empowering Students to Achieve Academic Excellence
Our meticulous and student-first approach to teaching helps build student’s knowledge, confidence, and improves academic performance at school.
Accelerated Math and English Pathways!
This program can be delivered ONLINE or IN-PERSON or COMBINATION (mixed Online and In-Person sessions)
- Classroom style interactive teaching. Online classes are LIVE Instructor-led
- Our small class sizes 8:1 enable us to give individual attention to all students
- Our curriculum is inline with both the state and national standards, so there will be no conflict with the school
- Our curriculum is formulated in a way to be ahead of the school, so students feel confident and are able to excel at school
- Our pre-assessment helps us to determine the proper placement
- Our two level approach, helps cater to the needs and learning abilities of the students
- LEVEL 1 - Focuses on building strong foundation
- LEVEL 2 - Accelerated path for advanced learners
- Student progress will be conveyed regularly to parents.
PLEASE NOTE: This program is NOT for students with special needs / learning disability.
Timeframe and Homework
- The Program starts first week of September and ends first week of June.
- Pro-rate available for students who join mid-year.
- Two classes per week - Total 36 weeks (not including Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring Breaks)
- Each class timeframe is as follows:
- Kindergarten = 50 minutes
- Grades 1 to 3 = 60 minutes = 1 hour
- Grade 4 to 6 = 90 minutes = 1.5 hours
- Middle and High School =90 minutes-1.5 hours to 120 minutes-2 hours
- Homework will be given every week to help practice the concepts taught.
- Homework should take about 30 to 45 minutes maximum per week depending upon the grade level.
- We offer office hours to help students beyond our classes.
- 30 mins office visits can be scheduled - which can be utilized for any questions on homework or if you missed a class
- 8 office visits are allowed in one school year
Tuition Fees Per Subject - Math / English
- Sibling discount 10% available for 2nd child onwards.
- 10% discount for our currently enrolled K-8 After School Program students
- Our pre-assessment helps us to determine the proper placement
1:1 Tuition Fees:
- $40 /hour
- Program can be customized for 1:1 lessons
Terms and Conditions:
- One month deposit is required for monthly payment plan
- Cancellation requires 30 days advanced notice. Any credit balance minus $25 cancellation processing fees after the cancellation date will be refunded
- 1:1 Class Absence - class reschedule/cancellation request must be made at least 24 hours prior. Please note: late cancellation/absence is not eligible for rescheduling or fee refund.
- Absence in a group class - we will provide the homework materials for missed class and the student can utilize the office hours to catch up.
Unique ONLINE Kindergarten 4 Subjects Program
Each class is 50 minutes duration with LIVE Instructor-led classes
- Math - 4 days per week
- English - 4 days per week
- Science - 1 day per week
- Social Studies - 1 day per week
- No homework - all practice is done in-class along with the teacher
- Tuition Fees = $800 per month
Our Teaching Guidelines
ELA Goals and Objectives:
The Common Core standards establish guidelines for English language arts (ELA) as well as for literacy in history/social studies, science, and technical subjects. Because students must learn to read, write, speak, listen, and use language effectively in a variety of content areas, promote the literacy skills and concepts required for college and career readiness in multiple disciplines.
The Common Core asks students to read stories and literature, as well as more complex texts that provide facts and background knowledge in areas such as science and social studies. Students will be challenged and asked questions that push them to refer back to what they’ve read. This stresses critical-thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills that are required for success in college, career, and life.
MATH Goals and Objectives:
The Standards for Mathematics describe varieties of expertise we seek to develop in our students. These practices rest on important “processes and proficiencies” with longstanding importance in mathematics education.
The first of these are the process standards of problem solving, reasoning and proof, communication, representation, and connections.
The second are the strands of mathematical proficiency - adaptive reasoning, strategic competence, conceptual understanding (comprehension of mathematical concepts, operations and relations), procedural fluency (skill in carrying out procedures flexibly, accurately, efficiently and appropriately), and productive disposition (to see mathematics as sensible, useful, and worthwhile).
SCIENCE Goals and Objectives:
As Albert Einstein stated that the goal of education is “to train the minds to think.” The eventual goal of science education is to produce individuals capable of understanding and evaluating information that is, or purports to be, scientific in nature and of making decisions that incorporate that information appropriately.
The science curriculum in the elementary and middle school grades, like that for other subject areas, is designed for all students to develop critical basic knowledge and basic skills, interests, and habits of mind that will lead to productive efforts to learn and understand the subject more deeply in later grades.
Students who are proficient in science:
- know, use, and interpret scientific explanations of the natural world;
- generate and evaluate scientific evidence and explanations;
- understand the nature and development of scientific knowledge; and
- participate productively in scientific practices and discourse
These above strands are not independent or separable in the practice of science, nor in the teaching and learning of science. Rather, the strands of scientific proficiency are interwoven.
SOCIAL STUDIES Goals and Objectives:
From Kindergarten through high school, social studies crosses content areas and includes subjects such as civics, geography, political systems, culture and history.
The goals and objectives that meet national general knowledge requirements are:
- Civic Competence
- History and Cultural Competence
- Geography and Globe Knowledge
- Understanding Economics, Production and Consumption
- Critical Thinking and Social Understanding
Social studies involves a number of subjects including history, geography and economics. Students learn how to integrate ideas from different disciplines to come up with reasoned decisions, and to make the connections between related concepts and ideas so that they are better able to identify problems affecting society.
Our Lead STEM Teacher
Dr. Sumathi Hariharan believes in, that good teachers pave a way for better future generation. She carries more than 15 years of experience in teaching and preparing diversified set of students with STEM knowledge and expertise, that has allowed them to thrive in the real world. Being a passionate educator, she has been actively involved in developing and administering 21st Century STEM based educational standards. She got graduated with her Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Engineering from one of the prestigious Institute, Osmania University of Engineering, India. The breakthrough in her research had been automating the healthcare platform using Wireless technology integrated with Artificial Intelligence. As an author she has published several research papers and article in various International scientific journals and conference proceedings. Her special interests are in developing various teaching methodologies and exploring viable technological platforms that supports STEM educational standards and values. She is a firm believer in the phrase, ‘The Quality of well-sustained Educational Standards leads a better way to build a stronger nation’.
Our Expert Computer Science & Mathematics Teacher
Ms. Jasneet is excited to teach at Children's Innovation Center. She holds Master Degree in Information Technology - MSIT from Mumbai University (India) and has more than 7 years of teaching experience with school children and college students in IT. She describes herself as a kind, affectionate, calm, reliable and dedicated person. She has a positive attitude, the willingness to teach and learn. As a teacher, she enjoys watching children learn and grow academically, and socially, and gain more self-confidence through encouragement. As teens when they attend college, she focuses on their professional development so that they can achieve their career goals. At the end of the day seeing a smile on her students faces is the most rewarding part of her work. Interests and passions are teaching, jogging, hiking, helping others, sharing knowledge and learning new things.
Our Expert English Language Arts and Social Studies Teachers
Ms. Sandya joined Children’s Innovation Center in September 2020 and has enjoyed her classes and interactions with K-8 students. She is a Honors graduate from the University of California at Berkeley in Ethnic Studies and has had wonderful experiences working with students of all ages. Her most cherished experiences including tutoring students in Grades 7-12 and working extensively in teaching English essay writing and editing skills. Her hobbies include movies, music and dance.
Ms. Candice is a native of Monterey Bay area where she began her career in education working as an Academic Coach. She assisted students in grades K-12 who attended schools classified as program improvement schools based on the test score outcomes of district wide testing. Although some would say working with students who were in need of “catching up” would be too difficult to accomplish, there is no doubt that students are resilient and will often respond favorably when given the amount of time and effort needed to show just how important their education is. Candice believes that it is pertinent for us, as educators, to convey to student that their education is not only important for their growth but that it is also important to us that they succeed.
Working in the educational field has always been very rewarding for her and she leaves work every day satisfied because students that come in with certain areas in which they would like to improve on often leave happy because not only do they begin to comprehend the material but also begin to enjoy doing the work they once dreaded.
When she is not working, she enjoys reading and running around after her toddler aged child who keeps her on her toes and utterly busy! Every day is a new adventure for her and there is never a dull moment when there is a plethora of projects to tackle!