Unique STEAM Summer Camps
Equip students with the knowledge and skills required to LEAD the 21st Century!
Children's Innovation Center summer camps - Session 1 - June 18 to July 6, 2018 (3 weeks)
Children's Innovation Center summer camps - Session 2 – July 16 to Aug 3, 2018 (3 weeks)
Session 2 closed for open registration
Children's Innovation Center summer camps - Session 3 – Aug 6 to Aug 24, 2018 (3 weeks)
Our courses are structured to offer experiential and project-based learning with focus on social responsibility.
Summer Camp Workshops Description
Building Robotic Hand
Students will explore anatomy and biomechanics of human hand. They will build Robotic Hand and visualize data in MS Excel to generate new ideas for improving it’s performance.
Building machines that emulate humans - Emphasis is placed on combining science, engineering and
• Take on the role of electrical, mechanical and software engineers and data scientists.
• Study the anatomy and biomechanics of the human hand to aid in building a model robotic hand.
• Build a sensor glove for controlling the robotic hand.
• Analyze sensor data to inform testing and modifying the robotic hand.
• Students propose new ideas and findings
• Live data visualization from student-built models using MS Excel Data Streamer Add-in.
This workshop offers students a unique opportunity to learn a professional software and use it for their project work. This multimedia project offers infinite creativity opportunities.
Students will explore, observe, and research social issues and effectively articulate their findings through a multimedia project, based on industry best practices.
Exceptional Digital Stories created by our students will be published through our “GreenKidsNow” YouTube channel.
“Research on the human brain has shown it is predisposed to think in the terms of a story. This predisposition is continuously reinforced and strengthened throughout the life of your brain. Not only can you program your mind with a story — you can program someone else’s mind.” ― Isaiah Hankel, Author of Black Hole Focus: How Intelligent People Can Create a Powerful Purpose for Their Lives
Benefits of Digital Storytelling workshop:
- Builds technology competency
- Builds Analytical and Research skills
- Practice disruptive thinking
- Builds creative and innovative ideas
- Effective communication skills
- 21st century information sharing and visual expression
- Practice Critical thinking and logical reasoning
Students will learn what is designing and understand the difference between Design, Science, and Arts. The culmination of Art and Math is an essential interdisciplinary skill for any Designer. Students will learn mathematical concepts and practice these concepts through design projects that involve observing nature’s forms and designs through these mathematical lenses.
“The future belongs to a different kind of person with a different kind of mind: creative and holistic ‘right-brain’ thinkers whose abilities mark the fault line between who gets ahead and who doesn’t.” –Daniel Pink (An Author who studied law, and writes about work and management topics)
Our Naturalist Designer workshop builds the following skills:
- Observation ability
- Deeper insights
- Logical planning
- Problem-solving ability
- Empathy and appreciation
- Uncover new needs
You can design the way you learn, work, lead, create and innovate. The design way of thinking can be applied to many aspects of your life and work.
The purpose of design, ultimately, in our view, is to improve the quality of life for people and the planet.
In this workshop students will learn three types of Analysis. They will exercise and develop their analytical skills and articulate their analytical reasoning through a project that would be in the form of effective blog writing.
The Argumentation session in this course is structured to ensure that the outcome is not about winning the argument, but rather to spark intellectual curiosity.
“Take the perspective of a journalist or scientist. Really study what's around you. What are people wearing, what do the interiors of buildings look like, what noises do you hear? If you bring your analytical powers to bear, you can make almost anything interesting.” - Gretchen Rubin
Exceptional blogs written by our students will be published on our blog sites.
The use of ANALYSIS in college and beyond:
- Analysis is an integral part of writing and organizing ideas.
- You need to analyze things to determine the similarities and differences, to classify them, to synthesize, and to critique a topic for further research and understanding.
- Growth Mindset - You would also find it a useful exercise to analyze yourself – helps improve time management, organization skills, effectiveness, and learning.
- Analysis itself can aid understanding and articulation
Public Speaking & Communications
We train and equip next generation of socially responsible leaders and change-makers.
“The secret of CHANGE is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new” - Socrates
In this workshop, through our instructor guided sessions, students will explore the world around them, make observations, and conduct research on the observations they make. Students will then share their findings through a project-based activity that would range from preparation and effective speech writing to delivering powerful presentations by adopting best practices.
“A speaker should approach his preparation not by what he wants to say, but by what he wants to learn.” ― Todd Stocker
Exceptional student presentations would be added to our Youth Public Speakers list and these students would get the opportunities to become real “Public” youth speakers!
Benefits of our Public Speaking & Communications course:
- Learn proper preparation techniques
- Speech writing
- Use of technology
- Build research skills
- Gain deep insights
- Better listeners and observation skills
- Voice expression of ideas
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Argumentation Skills
All workshops will be taught using the below unique teaching approach
Students will build their Innovation & Research Skills, while also developing their professional skills.
- Practice Disruptive Thinking
- Build Disruptive Ideas
- Practice Empathy & Collaboration
- Build Deep Insights
- Practice Whole System Design Thinking
- Use Technology comfortably
Experiential + Project Based + Social Responsibility
Ready to get started?
Proceed to Summer Camps registration