Different Times Require Different Thinking...
Children’s Innovation Center - COVID-19 Plan
Children's Innovation Center will continue to follow all the good protocols to Stay Safe, even if the shelter in-place order is lifted. Please check our plan to understand how we will change, adjust, and adapt to these new challenges, continue to Stay Positive and offer our exceptional learning programs to help students Stay Educated.
- April - CIC facility was deep cleaned and fully disinfected.
- Upon reopen – facility will be cleaned regularly and all high-touch surfaces and tables, etc., will be wiped with disinfecting all-purpose cleaners.
- Entry Access – temperatures of all staff and students will be checked using non-touch thermometer every day. If anyone has even slight high temperature such as 99 degrees, he/she will be asked to go home. In such case, parents are notified, and they MUST pickup their child as soon as possible.
- Face cover/mask - All students and staff must have their own face cover/mask with them handy all the time, which could be used when needed immediately.
- Physical Distancing – Only limited number of students will be enrolled, to ensure we are always able to maintain physical distancing. All activities and scheduling will be adjusted accordingly to maintain physical distancing.
- Washing Hands – All students and staff must wash their hands with soap and hot water or hand-sanitizers upon entry and regularly.
- No Touching: There will be no handshaking or touching of any sort.
Remote Learning Programs:
Should there be another shelter in-place order, we will be able to immediately move forward with remote online learning.
- We will strive to provide individual attention and ensure student’s understanding and retention of the concepts.
- We will incorporate activities with modified scope and format.
- Student progress will be conveyed regularly to parents.
- Research Program for High School Students – We already had an online version which was primarily for out-of-state students
- Current 2019-2020 batch was transitioned to remote program from March.
- College Planning and Admissions Counselling: We have been helping students remotely for the most part. We will continue with remote counseling and admissions help.
- Emerging Coders Program (Ages 9 to 18) – Going forward we would be able to offer both in-person and remote coding classes on a regular basis.
- Current 2019-2020 in-person classes were transitioned to remote learning from March.
- NEW: Academic Success for K-8 – We can cover the entire grade level curriculum in Math, English, Theoretical Science, and Social Studies.
- Students enrolled in the K-8 After-School Program could switch over to this program.
- Augments school learning –
- Provide homework help for materials given by their school
- Going Beyond: We will provide additional learning opportunities using our own materials based on the State of California and National Curriculum. This ensures strong foundation in the subject areas.
- Achieve Full Proficiency: Students will be assessed in the beginning and then the curriculum is customized based on student assessment results and the school lessons, to ensure that every concept for the grade is completed and is fully understood. We will have quizzes, chapter tests and an end of course test.
- Customization benefits - By customizing the lesson plan to first cover the chapters being taught at school, helps student to immediately achieve higher performance at school. The chapters are then organized based on the gaps identified in the assessment. The pace of class is controlled by the instructor to ensure that student gains full proficiency.
- Live Instructor Led classes: In-person or online, the classes will be live instructor led. The classes could be scheduled 1:1 or for small groups. Each subject session will be for 60 minutes. The duration of the program is 9 months long for each enrollment.
- In-Person or Online – this program can be easily switched over to online from in-person classes and vice versa, based on the social distancing needs.
- NEW: K-8 Online Enrichment Programs: Each of these programs are 12 classes long. Each session is once a week for 60 minutes.
- Creative Writing
- Public Speaking & Communications
- Journalism (ages 9+)
- Chinese Language
- SCRATCH Programming (Ages 9+)
(More Online Enrichment Programs will be added overtime based on the needs. So, please check with us often)
Contact us with any questions:
"Together Everything is Possible"