Read Blog: What's the hype about STEAM Education?
Transformative Education Courses
Unique Innovative STEAM Courses
Equip students with the knowledge and skills required to LEAD the 21st Century!
- Our courses are structured to offer experiential and project-based learning with focus on social responsibility.
- Our courses are customized for the age groups – Upper Elementary, Middle School, and High School students.
- Our courses incorporate technology based activities along with many opportunities to develop students' research skills, professional skills such as, critical thinking, collaboration, strategic planning, presentation, and logical thinking.
Level 1: Foundational Courses
It focuses on building systems and design thinking, research skills, professional skills, and practice disruptive thinking.
- Digital Storytelling
- Analytical Writing
- Public Speaking & Communications
- Naturalist Designer
Level 2: STEM-Plus Course
STEM-Plus: Learning to be an Innovator - Advanced Course
It focuses on learning Sustainable Innovation methodology, and prepares students on the path to make their own scientific and engineering discoveries. Students apply the new methodologies to create sustainable solutions for the problems we are facing today. prerequisite: Students must complete at least two foundational courses.
Samples of Students Projects from STEAM Transformative Education Courses
Proceed to be inspired...
Courses are taught using the Transformative Education Framework, which has the Students Activities Progression as shown below:
Students will learn advanced new materials in engaging and fun ways. They will learn how to explore the world around them and make observations. They will learn how to conduct research on the observations they made. These activities help the students to turn the problems around them into ideas and opportunities. Students will conduct research to understand the root-cause of an issue, identify current solutions, and gaps, and suggest what they think can be done further.
The findings from their research activities will be used for their project. The type of project activity and completion requirements will vary based on the courses.
After completing the STEAM Foundational Courses, students can progress to the STEM Plus: Learning to be an Innovator course to become an Emerging Innovator.
Benefits of becoming an Emerging Innovator:
- Students learn and practice Design-Thinking which is a skill that could be mentioned in their resume
- The published Research Article could also be mentioned under “Publications” section of the resume
- Students Research Article could count towards their High-School Senior Research Project
- The published Research Article could be mentioned in their college applications especially it adds weight for Science and engineering majors
- The Instructor, who is also a STEM / Research mentor, could give additional letter of recommendation in the college application as a STEM / Research Mentor.
- Students could present their Research Article in various conferences and events, and even participate in design challenges such as the Global Youth Design Challenge.
- Builds various soft skills as students go through this program
- Students who wish to pursue further, are eligible to join our Youth Leadership Program that would offer leadership coaching and mentoring and opportunities to earn Community Service credits. (please note: we are also a certifying org for the President’s Volunteer Service Awards)
STEAM Summer Camps Feedback
More feedback from Parents and Students
"I loved the course. I took a biomimicry course at Children’s Innovation Center which taught about sustainability and how we, as innovators, can move forward in society with our practices in the process of manufacturing goods that solve humanity’s problems. Throughout high school, I’ve never learned or heard of biomimicry which shows how unique this class is. My college counselor (who’s been doing her job for almost 20 years now) was also fascinated by my research during this program and said she had never read anything like it. I believe this program can provide an edge for all students to familiarize themselves with the concepts as our society is continually moving forward in technological advancements, but I definitely think it is more beneficial to start earlier on. For me, a high school senior, I wish I knew about Shanti and her program four years ago cause then I could’ve fully utilized her resources and expertise. However, I did enjoy her class still, and it actually shifted my career interests. I’m thankful for Shanti and her aid and availability with any of my questions in the course as well as during the college application process. I’m excited to possibly further my research from what I began at Children’s Innovation Center as I take my next steps into college. “ - Evelyn, student 12th grade
“I wanted to inform you how much impact your 8 weeks course has on my daughter. She didn't see herself liking computer related field until your program. She enjoyed it so much and have learnt a great deal that she wrote her college application essay on the work she had done in your course. Now, she finds herself wanting to learn more about Programing and other interesting technology courses you have to offer. Thank you so much for opening her eyes to this amazing world of technology! Your programs are truly unique! She is now getting ready for college, feeling confident, and wanting to major in engineering!” – Fallon, parent of 12th Grader
"This camp was unique, as it taught us more life-skills than any other summer camp, I've attended. It showed us the importance of thinking out of the box, observing, and asking questions about nature. I especially enjoyed the digital storytelling course, analytical writer course, and the public speaking course, which had us exploring multiple topics from our daily lives. " - Shreya, Grade 8
"Children's Innovation Center is a very helpful program that helped me with the skills that i need such as public speaking and writing blogs. I wrote a blog for the first time at Children's Innovation Center within only 2 days, which also surprised my parents!" - Jack, Grade 10
"I had an amazing time at Children's Innovation Center during the summer. I enjoyed the class structure as it really was a cool environment to be in and I also made some new friends too. The thing I liked most was the digital storytelling program. It was fun to learn about a new subject and being able to create an informative presentation about it. Ms. Shanti is a really good teacher and I would highly recommend other kids take her courses." - Arianna, Grade 8
"I always look for good programs to keep my kids busy over the summer. Children's Innovation Center was the perfect place for my daughter. Shanti's program did not disappoint. My child enjoyed the course curriculum and projects that were assigned. She really felt comfortable with the place and it turned out to be a really great learning experience along with an awesome environment. Thank you Shanti!" - AJ, parent of 8th grader.
"Thank you for a well thought-out camp this summer. My daughter enjoyed an enriching environment and learned a variety of soft-skills which are not easy to acquire from elsewhere. I enjoyed watching her ideas come live through animation and design. As a parent, the camp gave me an opportunity to see the immense potential of the kids that was being kindled every day. The program was especially helpful in slowly getting the kids out of their comfort zone of doing things their text books or teachers told them. As the program progressed, I could see how it helped enhance the strengths of each individual child. I hope more and more kids can take advantage of this wonderful program." - Vidya, parent of 8th grader