Science - Technology - Engineering - Mathematics
Emphasis is placed on combining science, engineering and technology.
Students gain an inter-disciplinary learning experience.
STEM Course Details
Building Robotic Hand
Students will explore anatomy and biomechanics of human hand. They will build Robotic Fingers and visualize data in MS Excel to generate new ideas for improving it’s performance.
Building machines that emulate humans - Emphasis is placed on combining science, engineering and
- Take on the role of electrical, mechanical and software engineers and data scientists.
- Study the anatomy and biomechanics of the human hand to aid in building a model robotic hand.
- Build a sensor glove for controlling the robotic hand.
- Analyze sensor data to inform testing and modifying the robotic hand.
Students propose new ideas and findings
- Live data visualization from student-built models using MS Excel Data Streamer Add-in.