Children’s Innovation Center, a non-profit program in Newark CA, addresses the gaps in our current K-12 academic curriculum, and brings transformational education accessible to our students through after-school programs and camps.
The waves of innovation model, shows that we have had five waves of innovation since the 17th century. The sixth wave of innovation is predicted to emerge from the following specialties:
- Whole System Design Thinking
- Green Chemistry
- Renewable Energy
- Industrial Ecology
- Green Nanotech
- Radical Resource Productivity
Indeed, we have already started to experience the emergence of innovative products and solutions from these fields of study.
These new innovations are sure to create new market trends and create the need for talented workforce with knowledge and experience in these specialties. However, the educational system is still backwards and does not prepare our youth with these 21st century skillsets.
In fact, the next generation science standards that have been recently introduced in the K-12 curriculum fails to address these specialties. With the school system always falling behind the market needs, our current youth are being disadvantaged and are not ready for the challenges and needs ahead. So, Children’s Innovation Center has stepped forward to take on the mission to teach our students from Grades 4 to 12 with these new areas of study, combined with the development of professional skills to enable our students to LEAD in the 21st century.
This summer, the Children’s Innovation Center is offering unique STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts Mathematics) day camps that have been customized for three age groups:
- Upper Elementary (grades 4 to 6)
- Middle School (grades 7 to 8)
- High School (grades 9 to 12)
The courses involve technology-based activities and are experiential and project-based with emphasis on social responsibility. In today’s world, many kids are unable to make observations around themselves and turn the problems around them into ideas and opportunities. Children’s Innovation Center shows the students how to make observation, conduct research, apply their acquired knowledge, identify their own passion and potential, understand basic economy and market functions, support and encourage students to confidently take on real-life problems and create sustainable solutions.
The problems we face today requires us to seek inter-disciplinary solutions and calls for collaborative approaches. Each of the courses offered have been carefully formulated to build specific skillsets and would be taught using the center’s unique framework.
The following four courses offered this summer would also serve as a prerequisite for the next level STEM-PLUS workshop and the Youth Leadership Program. Completing these four highly interactive and fun courses this summer, puts your child in a fast track towards new exciting opportunities.
- Naturalist Designer: Students will learn mathematical concepts and practice these concepts through design projects that involve observing nature’s forms and designs through these mathematical lenses.
- Digital Storytelling: Students will explore, observe, and research social issues and effectively articulate their findings through a multimedia project, based on industry best practices. Students will learn a professional software and use it for their project work.
- Analytical Writer: Students will learn three types of Analysis. They will exercise and develop their analytical skills and articulate their analytical reasoning through a project that would be in the form of effective blog writing.
- Public Speaking & Communications: Students will explore the world around them, make observations, and conduct research on the observations they make. Students will then share their findings through a project-based activity that would range from preparation and effective speech writing to delivering powerful presentations by adopting best practices.
There are three sessions offered this summer, and each session is 3-weeks long. Choose the session that works best for you:
- summer camps – Session 1 – June 18 to July 6, 2018 (3 weeks)
- summer camps – Session 2 – July 16 to August 3, 2018 (3 weeks)
- summer camps – Session 3 – August 6 to August 24, 2018 (3 weeks)
Take advantage of the special 15% discount coupon code “cicopening” and enroll your child/children this summer.
Don’t wait! Register Online Now at https://ChildrensInnovationCenter.org
Questions? Call Shanti at 408-655-2368 or email email@example.com
Address: 39155 Cedar Blvd, Newark, CA – 94560