Capstone Project Track
Interdisciplinary Research Program
If you have successfully completed the Research Coursework with the approval to proceed further, and you are eager to apply the newly acquired knowledge to solve a real-world problem, then please proceed with the registration process.
You can pursue this capstone project either independently OR sign-up as a group (4 to 6 students). All members of your group must have completed both phase-1 and phase-2 to be eligible.
Emerging Innovators Research - Capstone Project
Interdisciplinary Research Program
- Students must aim to complete the capstone project within 10 to 12 weeks.
- Maximum mentoring time 12 hours
- Schedule will be based on mutual day/time convenience and will be scheduled after the full tuition payment is received.
- The start date can be anytime of the year, as long as the student has completed the prerequisites and is willing to put in the effort to work on this college-level project.
- Must be ready to commit at least 10 hours per week.
TUITION FEES: must be paid in full before the first class. (Includes publication fees)
- $1500 per student – for individual capstone project
- $900 per student – for group capstone project - Min 4 students in a group - max 6 students in a group (4 to 6)
DISCLAIMER: Only fully completed project that meets the required quality will be eligible for publication. The mentor will make every effort to provide timely feedback/suggestions and will continuously guide the students through every step. However, it depends on the students, how they utilize this opportunity.
- Laptop/tablet with any drawing app. Preferably touchscreen with pen/stylus to create digital illustrations of ideas.
- Student MUST practice ahead and be comfortable to draw. We do not have time to learn the drawing software after the session starts.
- Most of the students use “Paint 3D” a free software included with Windows 10/11. Sometimes, Tinker CAD another online free tool was used. Any software/device is okay as long as the student is comfortable with it.
- For outstanding presentation videos, it is recommended to use whiteboard animation software such as VideoScribe.
- Students will identify their own topic, and with the guidance of the mentor, will apply the newly gained knowledge from the coursework to design an innovative sustainable solution
- Students will be guided through every step of the way to ensure the project meets university level quality with in-depth science and engineering details
- The solution will be explained through a short 5-minute video and a 2 to 4-page project narrative
- The completed capstone project that meets the expected quality will be published on EmergingInnovators.org
Instructor & Mentor:
Shanti Balaraman is a leading researcher, innovator, and thought leader in the field of transformative education and disruptive thinking. As the co-founder and CEO of the Children's Innovation Center, she is committed to empowering young minds to think creatively and make new discoveries through innovative, sustainable solutions.
With a wealth of experience in the technology industry, Shanti is dedicated to training young minds to think critically and creatively, and to become change-makers in their communities. Under her leadership, the Children's Innovation Center has been instrumental in developing sustainable solutions and fostering the next generation of leaders and change-makers.
Shanti's research and innovative approach to education has been instrumental in shaping the future of education and empowering young people to reach their full potential. She is deeply committed to making a positive impact in the world through education and technology and dedicated to empowering teens and young adults.
Ms. Shanti Balaraman, is the current President of Stanford University Chapter of Sigma Xi - The Scientific Research Honor Society. She is devoted to the promotion of research in science and helps students build the skills needed to conduct scientific research and develop innovative solutions to solve real-world problems. https://sigmaxi.stanford.edu/
Are you ready to pursue the Capstone Project? Are you determined to work hard and complete the project to the expected quality?
Questions? (510) 894-1497 - info@ChildrensInnovationCenter.org - Please always provide your phone number with your email, and remember to add our email address to your contacts. Sometimes, emails could go to the SPAM folder, so please remember to check and move the emails to your inbox.
Group Capstone Project
For group registration, please go to group registration and payment page
Individual Capstone Project - Registration Form and Payment
Registration is a two step process.
- Tuition Fees Payment: This must be done separately. Use either Zelle or PayPal Payment method to complete the fees payment.
- Registration Form: complete and submit the form below.
Pay via Zelle to "GreenKidsNow@hotmail.com" - no additional fees added or PayPal - a 3% service fees will be added for payment processing. You can use Credit/Debit Card option with PayPal.
Boost Your College Application
Get Your Capstone Project Published!
Emerging Innovators Research Publications
This is the only science journal focused on human-centric solutions, which requires interdisciplinary knowledge application and requires students to use "Design Thinking" or "Whole-System Design Thinking" process.