LIMITED need-based partial/full-scholarships available!
Scholarship Application for Emerging Innovators Research Program
Summer 2020 Research Program for rising Grades 9 to 12 students
Session 1 (June 15 to July 10) or Session 2 (July 13 to August 07)
4 weeks - Mon to Fri - 9 AM to 3 PM. We can provide laptop or bring your own laptop
Location: Children’s Innovation Center, 39155 Cedar Blvd, Newark, CA – 94560 | ph. (510) 894 1497
Description: Emerging Innovators is an after-school research program that focuses on equipping High School students with the knowledge and skills needed to develop and design Human-Centric Solutions and write their "ideal" conceptual solutions in the form of a university level Research Article. Students demonstrate their skills in "Whole System Design Thinking" and through their solutions and research article are able to express the breadth and depth of their knowledge.
** Human-Centric Solutions is an approach to product/solution development that puts people first and focusses on user needs, desires and abilities at the center of the development process.
** Whole Systems Design Thinking is an approach that aims to integrate social, economic and environmental factors, interrelationships, and phenomena into a comprehensive design solution
Cost: $1950 for 4 weeks summer program
Get your research article published
Boost your College Application
Present in Conferences & Events
To be considered, please email with the following details to info@ChildrensInnovationCenter.org
Email Subject line: Student Full Name - Application for Scholarship – Emerging Innovator Program
- GPA must be 3.4 and above. Must submit a copy of recent (Middle / High School) transcript
- Must commit to attend the full program. Withdrawal penalty is to payback the scholarship amount
- Must be able to bring your own lunch
Application Fields Required:
- Student Full Name
- Current Grade and High School Name
- Student Cell Phone and Email
- Parent/Guardian Full Name
- Parent/Guardian Cell Phone and Email
- Parent/Guardian Job Title
- Parent/Guardian Employer Name
- Home address
- School Teacher Reference Required: Teacher Name, contact phone, and email. We will need to call/email the teacher directly to obtain teacher’s recommendation. We do not need a letter from the teacher.
- Are you in the School Lunch Program? Yes/No
- Total household Income: Less than $100K / $100K to $120K
- Write a short essay (maximum 400 Words) on your career or academic aspirations and how do you think this research program would benefit you?